Thursday, December 10, 2009

What we did today so far

The Jedermann is a small, clean hotel on Bayerstrasse. Kathy has stayed here before and said that one of the attractions is the delicious breakfast. This morning I got to taste and see for myself. It offered a variety of cheeses and meats, juices, fruits, breads and preserves, yogurt, muesli, nuts, and other goodies including herring in sour cream, my daddy's favorite. (I think the picture is the last one.) Then we walked around a bit in the area (middle pic) before taking the train to Dachau. I didn't know much about it but felt an obligation to go. The weather was what I would call bad, cold and windy with some pretty significant rain, but we forged on and found ourselves in a warm spot, the museum. One thought was how the Americans were so appreciated when they liberated the prisoners, etc in 1945. The sculpture is from Dachau. Then we took the train back into town and wandered about the stores, really the large mall, at the train station. (I do not know the name at this time but I will find it write it.) But it is a lovely market. We also got typical Bavarian fare there, sausage and bread and beer. I felt comfortable paying for the few things I bought with Euros, not just the bills but the coins, too. I think I could adapt to being here.

I am not on my own computer now since I cannot charge it yet, but instead am on the one in the lobby of the hotel. It is all Christmas here. I am sitting next to a Christmas tree that is filled with wooden ornaments, red balls and bows, and twinkling clear lights. I can smell the evergreens that fill urns in the hall, and Santas are stationed at several corners. At the Christmas market last night, everything, above and around, was lit with lights and decorations.



No comments:

Post a Comment