Sunday, December 6, 2009

In less than 48 hours . . .

Here it is, only two days before I take the ten hour Lufthansa flight across the Atlantic to a new to me part of the world. I am getting excited! Kathy loves Bavaria and is hoping for snow, so I also hope there will be. However since I do not like to get cold, I had to add to my so-called wardrobe, and now think I am ready to face whatever Mother Nature throws my way. Thank you Judi for the marvelous alpaca hat and gloves. I can see the mitten end flipping over to let my fingers do their thing whether taking notes, snapping pictures, or lifting a steamy mug of Glühwein. They are beautiful! If I need anything else, I know there are two WalMarts in Munich, which I would love to see anyway. What a great way to compare cultures!

I am sadly lacking in the language department however. I have spoken "gesundheit" a million times after sneezes and now realize that is the only German word I know. I do not know how far it will get me! Nor am I well informed on what I will find there, except of course beer and sausage, but I am not going it alone. I am quite happy to be traveling and exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment