Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Day in the life . . .

A lovely snow fell over night and lingered on the branches and ground all day. I was outside walking much of the afternoon, but since I was dressed warmly in layers, I barely felt the cold. It was invigorating! When I watched the people riding past on bicycles I thought how fun it must be to be a German and to ride your bike all over the place. But for us tourists, thank goodness for public transportation, even though it is expensive like everything else here. Tax on the bills at restaurants is ridiculously high, 19%! One problem was solved cheaply, though. I was told about a store, Saturn, that is only a few blocks from the hotel that may be able to help with my computer problem. I hiked up and found it to be like Best Buy and also, lucky for me, had an Apple booth. They charged my computer for free. How kind. Now I can and have put a few more pics on my blog. But I need to save some power for Austria.

No comments:

Post a Comment